Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tech News I'm Excited Lately

You can say I am a techie dude. I follow and is interested in anything related to technology. I am always excited for new technologies that makes news to the general public. Two of these recent buzzes are the possible release of 2 new iPhones and Google+.

First is about the iPhone. I currently use the Iphone 4. What really amazes me about this phone is not the phone itself but the myriad applications that I can use for different purposes. I currently jailbreak my Iphone which means I can install homebrewed applications aside from the almost 425,000+ apps available in the Apps Store either as a free or paid application. That's a lot of apps the choose from. And it is neverending. New and groundbreaking apps keep on being developed and released. So with the upcoming Iphone 5 and Iphone 4S I might be tempted to update my current Iphone 4.

The second tech news that I am excited about is Google+. This is Google's latest attempt in social networking. They have tried before releasing Google Wave and Google Buzz. Have your heard of them? Most likely you have not as these first attempts failed miserably. Now Google+ is on trial stage with selected invite only users. Unfortunately I am not one of those invited to try this latest social networking application from Google. But what I've heard from chatters across the net is that this is much a better attempt by Google than those Wave/Buzz failures. I hope that they can release it sooner than later as I really want to have a social application that falls between Facebook (more personal social app) and LinkedIn (more professional social app). And from what I heard, Google+ falls smack between these two heavyweight social networking sites/apps.

No comments: