Tuesday, June 28, 2011

HDR Again

I used to love HDR photos very much that every time I shoot  I always make sure I bracketed the shot into three exposures for HDR processing later. It is not convenient way as you have to make sure that your shot is not shaking, which necessarily means putting your camera in a tripod. And if you're on the go all the time this makes a bracketed shot tedious to make.

Nowadays I usually shot one photo only. Then I just make 3 pictures out of this shot using the curves adjustment function of Photoshop. And with the 3 pictures I have, I will process an HDR photo through Photomatix software.

Now I am also trying to make an HDR photo through the gazillion functions of Photoshop. There are many ways you can do this and different photographers have their own version of doing it. So I have much to learn how to this but I have the time to make this happen.

Below is a sample of one shot photo converted into an HDR image.

No comments: