Thursday, June 23, 2011

Running for Good Health

I received the results of my annual check-up recently. There was nothing for be concerned of of the findings except that I need to be active and control intake of non-healthy foods as it seems my weight, fatty content on some body areas, and some other cholesterol sensitive areas are high.

I don't have a body builder's body. I don't have  6-pack abs. Instead I have a growing beer belly which I need to slim down so as not to make some of my jeans obsolete.

The doctor said I need to change my sedimentary lifestyle. Stay away from computer and hit the gym. Or start running frequently to remove excess calories that builds into body fat if you sit in front of the computer right off the bat after eating. Well yeah I do have keyboard itch as I like reading news, updating my network (personal and professional social sites), writing a blog, editing photos and the like.

I need to change, big time. I have to jog every weekend for a start. I have to to the gym and lift weights, do sit-ups and other abs crunching routines.

Food intake has to be controlled also. I need to eat breakfast as I currently miss breakfast frequently. Coffee, by the way, is not considered a breakfast item. My dinner habit has to change too. Sometimes I ate past 9 PM which is not good time for supper. I also have to follow the new "food-plate" initiative. More on fruits and vegetables, if possible half of your plate is filled from this food group. Less on meat products, just enough to sustain the protein requirement.

I believe these are not difficult lifestyle changing habits. For good health is wealth.

But I have to read magazines, of course, health magazines to cover my itch for reading.

No comments: